Last updated: October 12, 2019
Ensuring that you understand what personal and other information The Cement Institute LLC (“we”, “our” or “Company”) collects about you, how we use and share this information, and the steps you may take to limit this use or sharing, is fundamental to our respect for our customers.
As used within the context of this policy, “personal information” means personally identifiable information—such as your name, phone number or email address—that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and,
- From third-party affiliates used to facilitate checkout and process membership/order payments.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, including making any purchases through the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified (personal information), such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the number and frequency of referral requests; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
How We Collect Information
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, for example, records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From our third-party partners, such as Facebook or Google.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, such as providing a referral of a member to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In some contexts, we will share certain information. For example, like most services, if you sign up for a service provided by our Company or referral through a third party like Facebook, Google or a mobile provider, we share some information with them and they share some information with us in order to enable your account.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice (see above “How We Use Your Information”). This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Do Not Track Requests
This Website does not respond to browser-generated “do not track” requests. If you would like to request a change to the information we have collected about your visit to this Website, please send an email to email@example.com.
How to Contact
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, please feel free to contact us. To do so you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org